Melissa's Blog

Thursday, June 08, 2006


I Love Love Love the new Dixie Chicks song "Not Ready to Make Nice". I'm sure you've heard about it, if you haven't heard it.. Let's just say they're still rocking the boat that is American politics - I guess that's what mearly having an opinion is considered these days.

This song is so powerful, it's about taking a stand and not backing down or making excuses for your beliefs. It also questions why others possibly care so much about one little person's opinion. Maybe if they were to have an opinion themselves they wouldn't care so much? I'm not sure...

The song is getting popular here in Canada, but last I heard the Dixie Chicks are still being boycotted on a lot of America radio stations.

The video is also fabulous - with kind of a Victorian / witch hunt persecution theme (at least thats what I get out of it). There is all this black paint covering the Dixie Chicks (like shame I'm assuming) and they keep trying to wipe their hands clean of it all..

"Forgive.. Sounds Good... Forget... I'm not sure I could... They say, Time heals everything, but I'm still waiting"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home