Melissa's Blog

Wednesday, August 23, 2006



Update on Pumpkin's Surgery


I just wanted to let everyone know that Pumpkin had her dental surgery yesterday and everything went well. She spent about six hours recovering at the animal hospital and then came home with me.

Although she was a little groggy yesterday and didn't have much balance due to the anesthetic, she ate several small meals and rested easily. At night she continued to eat and slept curled up beside me the whole night.

Today she seems happy and hungry, although I will be softening her food for a while and I'm still limiting it somewhat to make sure she doesn't get nauseous from eating too fast.

She lost two teeth including the front bottom large canine. This tooth, although I didn't realize it when the doctor was telling me about it, is her front bottom fang, so she looks quite different without it. I think it will take us both some getting used to with life without it. However, she seems happy and healthy and comfortable, and that's what's important.

Here are some photo's of Pumpkin from yesterday, you might be able to see a small patch of fur that's been shaved from her right arm, that's where the IV when into her during surgery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home