Melissa's Blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2006


The Kids...

Not a lot is going on right now, I'm takin
g some time off of working to focus on school and writing my thesis. That pretty much means there isn't much money coming in, which in turn means I've been laying pretty low.

I did realize
however that I hadn't introduced you to Alain's family, well, at least the ones he lives with every day. They are a great bunch, and really do act like a family. They all love and crave attention, and while they fight occasionally (as all families do) mostly they get along. I call them The Kids... because let's face it, to us unmarried, non-parent types, these are the closest things to kids we have.

Zulu is the oldest of the bunch, a beautiful,
jet black short haired cat that can definitely hold her own. She likes to fight a little, but I think it's only because she feels the need to show the others who is the boss. She's also a total snuggler and will get right in the middle of things (if we let her). She purrs up and storm and one night, when I was feeling pretty sick, tried to lick me better. She's pretty adorable.











Sam comes next, he's the man of the group and is one laid back dude. I have to admit, I have a soft spot for Sam as he is a short haired cat with orange hair and looks a lot like Pumpkin (we're pretty sure there is no relation). He's a little, um, fluffy, and often plops down right on top of things (as opposed to the middle of things) making it impossible for his current resting place to move (mostly me!). He's also pretty curious and often ends up in boxes, plastic bags, or the various pieces of luggage I drag through Alain's house.



Nina is the next oldest, a Calico, and is pretty cute as well. Alain has a soft spot for Nina because when she was a kitten she was pretty sick, but he nursed her back to health and now she's doing great. She loves getting treats and loves getting pet as well. She is definitely not opposed to sharing a good snuggle with us. Alain tends to slip her food from the table when Kelly isn't looking. Nina is pretty spoiled as a result (in a good way of course) and I think she knows it. (Check out Sam in the background of this photo!) You have briefly met Kelly already, a black lab who is full of affection and love and wiggles A LOT when she meets you. She is totally adorable, and although she demands the most attention of the bunch, she rewards you with a million kisses and always looks happy to see you. She's not much of a tracking dog, but she's learning, we've been playing hide and seek with her a lot lately, and the look in her eyes when she finds you is pretty priceless. Her happiness is definitely contageous. She's very well behaved, but somehow knows that I'm a little bit of a push over, and uses it to her advantage... I really need to learn to be more of a disciplinarian when it comes to these animals (well, okay, with Pumpkin too I suppose!). She is also a self-appointed peace-keeper among the cats and breaks up most catfights before they get too rough. She loves playing in the pool and sometimes catch, and recently has been sneaking into the garden when we aren't looking. We'll have to keep an eye on her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home